Standard Chartered Bank is conducting an interview for the post of Treasury Sales Officer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
Candidate needs to be well versed with forex framework and the regulatory FEMA guidelines. Will need to work with multiple stakeholders to ensure Forex Budgets are achieved.
- Responsible for driving the overall business performance and efficiency.
- Maximize returns on products across in the portfolio allocated.
- Develop and implement Risk Management Strategies spanning the entire Treasury Product Suite for a portfolio of customers in the region.
- Retail Banking FX Business.
- Adhere to the applicable processes.
People and Talent:
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- All responsibilities under the Risk Management Framework – both execution and supervisory – should be referenced, for example, Act as the [Process] risk control owner under the Group’s Risk Management Framework (including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for [Liquidity] risk
Regulatory and Business Conduct:
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group’s Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank’s Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment].
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Branches, NR Hubs, Private Banking, Dealing Team, Compliance,
- Support local and group management on any project, initiative, day to day controls, etc as may be decided from time to time.
- Marketing risk management solutions / strategies to clients across asset classes.
- Achieve and maintain the position of ‘Bank of Choice” among clients by providing innovative and valued-added solutions.
- Ensure prompt and responsive client servicing.
- Take the relationship with ‘Core clients’ to a solutions-based approach vis-à-vis a transaction based approach.
- Establish and maintain high level contacts with current and target customers, to develop relationships, to gain an insight into their future plans and needs for Treasury products and services, to identify opportunities for sales staff to cross-sell FM products between customer segments, and to receive feedback on
- current product and service quality. Identify cross-sell opportunities for other businesses.
- Raise market awareness of SCB Treasury capabilities and products, through arranging presentations and seminars, and taking advantage of opportunities to enhance the profile of SCB in the market.
- Working closely with the CIC teams to ensure a consistency to the customer.
- Establish and maintain a network for co-operation with other SC Treasury and non-Treasury businesses, to support the creation of solutions to customer needs that span national and product boundaries, and regulatory environments.
- Develop culture for a totally integrated One Bank through developing products and broadening markets.
- Ensure active cross-sell of other departments.
- Adhere to Operational Risk framework and risk management policies of the Bank.
- Counsel and guide colleagues to improve performance, in particular new members of the team.
- Ensure the anti-money laundering / Know Your Customer guidelines are adhered to.
- Ensure regulatory requirements are adhered to both in letter and spirit.
- Ensure that desk documentational requirements-underlying exposures, deal confirmations are received on time regularly.
- Ensure that the compliance controls and monitoring plans are implemented. e.g. Derivatives Control Process.
- MBA, FEDAI Certification preferred
Role Specific Technical Competencies:
- FEDAI Certified
- Market knowledge
- Business – Products and Processes
- Good communication skill
- Local Language
Job/Req. ID: 2300014880
Company: Standard Chartered Bank
Location: Chennai, TN
Join Commerce Square Jobs WhatsApp Group